Gel Nail Polish Vs. Classic Nail Polish: Which is Better? We all have our preferences when it comes to fashion and style. The trend of Gel Nail polish and classic nail polish is hot these days. Fashion enthusiasts are having debates about what is better.
Women would often want to treat themselves for some time and one of these is getting a manicure and pedicure. For some, they prefer doing it by themselves but if you want to take the time to relax, you will go to a salon to give yourself satisfaction. There’s nothing wrong with it as long as you are enjoying it and you can afford it. Loving yourself and unwinding is relevant especially when you’re stressed out with your job or anything else.
If you’re going to decide what to put on your nails, you should know the pros and cons of your options. Classic nail polish is not new to anyone, a gel nail polish on the other hand is something that’s already been innovated. Are there differences between the two? let’s see.
Classic Nail Polish
Classic nail polish is very easy to use. you don’t have to be an expert when applying them. If you have your materials at home, you can do a DIY. On doing classic nail polish, you just need the basic materials of manicure like these items:
- Acetone/ nail polish remover. To remove old nail polish from nails
- Cuticle Pusher and Remover. To remove nail cuticles and push back the skin around the nails
- Nippers. For hangnails trimming
- Cuticle Oil. for moisture and protection to the skin
- Clear nail polish. to add shine and for topcoat
Some Salons also offer this service at a much cheaper price. If you want to have some time to relax and you can afford them, you should give yourself a treat
- Easy to apply and remove as well. Using a classic nail polish is very handy and whenever you want to change the color of your nail polish, you can easily remove the old one with acetone. This is best if you love designing your nails often.
- Classic nail polish is very much cheap than any other type of nail polish. If you want to collect many colors, you can absolutely buy them.
- Classic nail polish is not long-lasting. The materials used in classic nail polish are not designed to last long. If you don’t want to do the process all over again often times, then classic nail polish is not for you
Gel Nail Polish
Gel nail polish is an innovative type of nail polish. It is designed for longer-lasting. Unlike regular nail polish, it’s not easy to break because the structure is harder. Gel nail polish is thicker and bolder which makes it longer lasting like weeks or a month if taken care of. Gel nail polish is offered in salons and spas. The process of doing it is more complicated than the classic one.
- Prepare the materials you’re gonna need such as nail file, nail wipes, nail primer, a base coat, and your chosen Gel color
- When it’s all prepared, pile 1st your nails into the desired shape and then wipe the nails before applying the primer, the primer is used to moisturize the nails and prevent them from being dry.
- Apply the gel base coat and then let them dry. Make sure the base coat is already dry before applying the nail polish. When it’s already dry, apply the 1st layer of the nail polish and then let dry again. Apply the second layer to make it thicker but this one is optional.
- Lastly, apply the topcoat. Choose a strong topcoat because it will serve as protection for the gel nail polish. If you want to add some style to your nail polish, you can add some nail art before applying the topcoat. Do it to make it look fancy.
- Gel nail polish is long-lasting, unlike the classic one. You just need to take good care of it so it will last longer than you expected.
- Easier to dry. Gel nail polish uses a UV light to make it dry easier and the time you will put in doing it will be lesser
- Chip and smudged nail resistant. Because it dries easy, you won’t have to worry about the breakage or chip.
- Takes a lot of time to remove. Unlike regular nail polish which you can easily remove with wiping acetone, removing gel polish is more complicated because you need to soak it before you can remove it. After the soaking, there will still be remains and you need to pile them off
- Prone to damage natural nails. Since the process is more complicated, your natural nails will be prone to damage. The materials used in making gel nail polish are one reason but also exposing your nails to often manicure will cause them to be brittle.
- Gel nail polish is expensive. Having gel nail polish is more expensive than regular ones. If you are cheap and don’t want to spend a lot, you will consider looking for less expensive. Although it could be just once in a while, think of how much money you could save if you just let this luxury go?
Admit it, we always want to be updated with the trends about fashion especially when it comes to making ourselves beautiful and presentable. We always want to look our best at special events and even on our everyday life. Sometimes, wanting these things makes us forget to focus on what is really important, our health. Be mindful of your health and don’t just put anything on your body. Always check labels to see if they are good for our health and to the health of the ones near us like our family. There’s nothing wrong with wanting great things and experiences as long as we don’t forget to appreciate the way we are created naturally.
Ways to Soak Your Nails Before A Manicure
3 Advantages of Having Manicures & Pedicures (Mani Pedi)